Last week we brought you our fabulous color palette for our upcoming collection. This week, allow us to translate that visual inspiration into the actual fabrics we've selected for the 4 new patterns we'll be revealing soon.
While we're pretty charmed by the warm & sophisticated fall colors, we can't overlook the wonderful textures we've introduced into the mix.
Just as with our spring/summer collection, these fabrics have been selected for their ease of wear, care, sewing and comfort. The colors work well together and give a cohesive look across all of our new patterns, as you will soon see! Each will be offered for sale in our shop, available by the yard or as part of our One-Click Sewing Kits.
So, here are some more details on the line-up:
1. First, there's a wonderfully soft, tiny wale corduroy in drake (aka dark teal). I haven't gotten my ruler out yet, but I am guessing this is an 18-wale cord.
2. The white shirting-weight cotton has a fine, herringbone pattern to it, providing it with a subtle distinction to a simple plain weave.
3. Our cotton/linen blend in natural is a holdover from the summer/spring collection, a real testament to its versatility.
4. The mustard print is a quilters weight cotton with a bright, happy dandelion print (Etchings in Gold by Studio E).
5. This taupe floral burnout is semi-sheer. Though it will need to be lined in certain cases, it is quite airy and will take well to layering with other fabrics.
6. The navy print is a voile with accents in teal, white and lime green (Tula Pink Prince Charming Voile Dandelion Indigo by Free Spirit).
7. Finally, our navy velveteen is quite luxurious to the touch and fairly substantial. Being 100% cotton, this is this type of velveteen that you can make an everyday fabric.
I hope you've enjoyed this preview. In the meantime, happy sewing!